Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Studio 5: Easy Chalkboard Tags - free printables!


*Quick view: download the tags here (11 files!) 

Busy weekend getting ready for a last-minute segment for Studio 5...but so happy I got to share these printable chalkboard tags with you...just in time for gift-wrapping (unless you're one of those uber-organized people who has had her gifts wrapped for weeks!)

You'll have to watch the video to find out my true paper-crafting confession!  I'm hoping some of you can share in my shame.

But shame & problem solved with these quick, easy printable tags that are actually best when kept simple.  These are design heavy, so just cutting them out and tying them to a gift is the best way to go.  

A few tips though...

Think BIG.  We normally think of tags as being small, but wow, what an impact they make when printed large!

Avoid busy background wrapping, stick to solid colors; white and craft look really good with chalkboard designs.  

Keep a handy basket of trims with your printed and cut tags so everyone can enjoy using them when needed.  Jute, twine, solid ribbon etc... all work well with these.

All printers work a bit differently, but the good news is I printed over a 100 sheets on less than one black cartridge.  I thought it would take much more, but I printed on draft/fast mode and it looked nice and chalky.  That's value!

If you're crafty and have time to embellish...you can!  Sponge a little white ink on tags and blend in with a cotton ball, it will add more chalkiness to parts of tag if you wish.

I love, love, love General's Pastel Chalk Pencils.  The only chalk pencils I know of with a pencil tip that can be sharpened to a point so you can color in some of the detailed parts of the tag.  This is what I'm using for my Chalkboard class (Chalkology) in January.  


Gems, brads, buttons or small silk flowers all work as well, just make sure they don't overwhelm the design.  On the other hand, BIG embellishments work well as long as they are next to and not on the tag (refer to my House tag gift bag with the large green poinsettia flower...big impact!)
 You can download the tags here (11 files!).  I keep my files on my Shutterfly account. (click on the PDF File tab at top of page to get downloads) Easy to download and refer back to if you ever lose them. Just download and save to your computer.  Open and print on white cardstock.

If you enjoyed these tags, then perhaps you would like to take it one step further and create these beautiful cards using chalkboard printables with my new class, Chalkology!

Even if you've never made a card, my easy step-by-step slideshow and ready to assemble kits will make you a card-maker in just a few hours!
Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for dropping by. 




4 comments:

Terry said...

Love your chalkboard printable tags! Watched your video on Studio 5 and printed out several tags, thank you! I did notice the tag about the baby, would that be available? I've got a grandbaby due in February and would your tag is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with those that aren't quite as talented!

Terry said...

Love your chalkboard printable tags! Watched your video on Studio 5 and printed out several tags, thank you! I did notice the tag about the baby, would that be available? I've got a grandbaby due in February and would your tag is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with those that aren't quite as talented!

Susan Neal said...

Hi Terry! Thanks so much, glad you like the tags. The baby tag, which is actually made into a card, but could easily be used as a tag is part of my upcoming/current CHALKOLOGY class. You can buy just the printables and the instructional slideshow for $12 or get the whole kit and kaboodle for $30, which includes 5 cards and pencils.
http://www.sueneal.blogspot.com/2013/12/introducing-my-first-class-for-2014.html

Annette said...

thanks so much for the lovely tags!!!!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10