Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Q's Creative Classes: Cricut keyboard code

I love my Cricut, but with gazillions of shapes in hundreds of cartridges, locating the perfect shape can be a frustrating and time-consuming experience.

In November, in an effort to help not just me, but my students as well, I introduced a new Cricut keyboard code.
Every Q's Creative Class Kit (starting Nov. 2011) will now have a keyboard code next to the Cricut shapes. 

Example:  Die-cut a 3" Flower with red cardstock (Lovely Floral Cart, code 0/4/7).

Now, you can quickly find the exact shape I used on the keyboard.  The more you use the code, the faster you'll find the exact key.  Now, I just look at the code and can visualize it.

Of course, when you purchase a Q's Creative Class Kit, you don't need to cut a thing!  Everything is pre-cut and ready to assemble.  However, I love to give my students the tools they need to make more of the same cards.

Some students prefer just to purchase extra kits, which are always discounted.  Some like to get down and crafty, use my templates, digital elements and instructions to create more of the same, or change up the paper and some details for their own unique versions.

My thanks to Jan in my South Jordan class for inspiring this idea.  If you ever have an idea to improve what I do, I would love to hear it!  Just email me. 


0 comments:

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10