Saturday, March 12, 2011

Timeless Bridal Shower Theme

My philosophy: every great celebration starts with a good invitation!  It sets the tone, emphasizes the theme, adds anticipation and becomes a intergral part of the memory. So, I'm putting my "good Aunt Sue" hat on and will be hosting a bridal shower for my beautiful niece, Leia next week.


I decided a few weeks ago to use a card design I came up with a few years ago.  You can see and read the original post here. It starts with an large oval, folded lengthwise to meet in the center.  I used Bazzill's embossed polka-dot cardstock. 

Leia's colors are perfect for her dark coloring; red, turquoise and black.  Striking! 
Next priority was the photo.  This bridal shot was SO Leia.  It's all about those red shoes!  I loved how both her face and shoes peek out because of the curve of the card front.

The belly band was easy, as I knew I had to add a splash or turquoise and some black lace.

At this point, I hadn't decided on a theme, but after playing with all sorts of centers I decided an Around-the-Clock theme was perfect.  I created this a digital roman clock after all my clock stamps didn't size properly. 

Lastly, I worked on the insert and all the text I needed to incorporate. I was almost done when I came up with the 'bright idea' (read: more work!) of creating a clock that opened to reveal Leia's & Brandon's monogram on the inside and the theme of the bridal shower.






I found this circle shaped mini card on Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge.  I added a fun dimensional gem to the middle of the clock, but because of it's dimension I had to place a mini glue dot on the backside.  What worked with this is the slight stickness of the glue dot helped to keep the circle closed.  You may want to de-tackify the glue dot a bit, by rubbing it with your finger.  The natural oils on your finger will make it less sticky.


If this is something you'd like to use for a bridal shower in your future, you can download the clock and bridal shower circles.

Stay tuned...I'll post more photos after the event!


2 comments:

perkhoop said...

These are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

kwgirl said...

Seriously LOVE the invitation! Have we done that at card class yet?
Tell Leia I'm LOVING her red shoes:)

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10